Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm Picking Up Good (Yarn) Vibrations

I'm on a little bit of a yarn high tonight. Chris just came over with my order from KnitPicks, and oh my gosh it is just gorgeous. I cannot believe so much yarn, so much beautiful yarn, cost so little. Combine that with the fact that last night I found more orange Wildwood yarn for the Holi belt, of the same dye lot, and some very very pretty pink beads for Sakura, and you have a slightly overwhelmed Nemo. It's a wonder I'm not hyperventilating.


If you want to see what I got, I will point you over to my Flickr set. (While you're there, check out the full stash!) Not pictured there are my new cable needles. Those things are so awesome! I'm also especially happy I got the Shimmer yarn (those hanks of brown/gold lace weight). They are soooo soft and pretty. Too bad the pink/yellow one was sold out.

Now here's where my good yarn karma steps in. I was kinda bummed that I only got two skeins each of the Wool of the Andes (the blueberry, pumpkin and avocado yarns), because they had less yardage than I thought (yeah, why didn't I check on the site before ordering? Because I am a dumbass.) They're beautiful, but what am I gonna make with two skeins? Not a whole heck of a lot. Well. It turns out, that tam pattern I'm making for Kaitlan? It's designed for 'just under two skeins of Knitpicks' Wool of the Andes'. HA! How frickin' awesome is that! I can make three more of these doohickeys! Which is good, because I love that hat. I hope it turns out well, is all.

Also, last night I went to Chapters and got a really awesome book called Super Stitches Knitting. I swear, I cannot put this thing down. I'll pick it up, flip randomly, and go "Ooooohhh, this is pretty... And this one... ohh that's nice... This'll be great for when I want a new project!" and then I put it down. And then twenty seconds later I'm flipping through it again, oohing and aahing.


And in case you didn't already think I was completely obsessed, this morning I was looking at some drop-spindle techniques for spinning yarn... And well...

I kinda wanna try it.

No comments: